Wednesday, June 18, 2014

LEGO Ideas Set Review: Blade-1210's Alamo

Well, it has been a long time since I did anything other than post a chapter of Bionicle: The Return. But sure enough, I have begun contacting fellow LEGO builders to review their sets on LEGO Ideas.

Today, we are pleasured by a creative builder who goes on LEGO Ideas as Blade-1210. On Monday (June 16, 2014) he released a set based off of the legendary Alamo. Below is a little Q&A that we had.

******************************************************************************

Xendor: Hello, Blade, thank you for letting me do this.

Blade: No problem! I’m always happy to get to share my ideas with the community.

Xendor: So, the Alamo! A unique choice. Care to tell us what it is, for those who lack the historic knowledge of it?

Blade: Sure! The Alamo was built in San Antonio, Texas in about the 18th century. It was originally a Roman-Catholic Mission, and later a military stronghold that played a key role in the Texas Revolution. Since then, it has been the setting for many iconic western adventure films.

Xendor: Why’d you decide to build it?

Blade: Being a native Texas, I’ve always had a soft spot for Texas buildings. Additionally, I’m a life-long Lego fan and LDD aficionado. Love of Texas + Plus love of Legos + Love of LDD = Lego Alamo!

Xendor: The details are quite amazing! How long did this take?

Blade: From start to finish, I’d have to say about a week and a half.

Xendor: What did you most enjoy about this set?

Blade: I loved designing the front façade. It was critical that I made it as accurate as possible, since that is the part of the building most people recognize. I was really pleased with how it turned out.

Xendor: How far do you think this set will go?

Blade: I believe it has the potential to go all the way to 10,000 supports and onto store shelves.

Xendor: Do you have anything to ask our fellow LEGO builders out there?

Blade: Remember the Alamo! This project can only get to the big 10,000 with your help. But remember, don’t just stop at supporting! Spread the word! Get on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pintrest, and any web forums you are on, talk to people in your workplace and at your school. Let’s make The Alamo a reality!

Xendor: Thank you for letting me do this!


Blade: Anytime. Thank you for allowing me to share my Alamo with the world!

******************************************************************************

Indeed, this set is quite fascinating. The detail is incredible, and he did a good job making it as accurate as possible.



This is the Alamo. At least, the LEGO version. With Brick-Wall pieces placed all over the outer walls, it displays the old, worn, clay-and-brick feel I expect of the Alamo.



As seen here, he accurately designed the front of the structure. Bearing the four pillars up front, as well as the arched entry way, and the multiple windows, each has been placed exactly as they're supposed to be.





The rest of the area is just as detailed. Adding the two archways to the right, and including vegetation to add some color to the already beautiful architecture, I couldn't ask for more for this set. In addition, the brick pieces provide a sight of wear damage that the picture I introduced above portrays.


All in all, this is an amazing set. A must support. I found no faults to the set, and the detail he added, as well as the accurate design he took the time to work on just says this is a set worth the 10,000 supports.

What do you think? Got any questions for Blade-1210? Just follow this link to his project:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/68090

******************************************************************************

I hoped you enjoyed this review. Other than doing LEGO Ideas reviews, I am working on interviewing LEGO Ideas members, and posting chapters of a story for one of my LEGO Ideas themes. Please, come back soon. And


1 comment:

  1. I'm sad that this didn't make the support that it deserved. Would he consider submitting it again?

    ReplyDelete